The paper available at this link discusses the following recent decisions on contract law:
- Dyco Hotels Pty Ltd & Ors v Laundy Hotels (Quarry) Pty Ltd  NSWCA 332 (Dyco)
- Carter v Mehmet  NSWCA 286
- CFMMEU v Personnel Contracting Pty Ltd  HCA 1
- ZG Operations Australia Pty ltd v Jamsek  HCA 2
- Marbryde Pty Ltd v Mainland Property Holdings No 8 Pty Ltd  QSC 344
In terms of trends, an important factor not only in the determination of Dyco but other cases has been the allocation of risk. That is something that is determined by the parties.
Other key takeaways and steps for minimising the potential for disputes are discussed in the paper.
7 March 2022